Want to help make happier communities?
The Community Development Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to increase community capacity to invest in and leverage hands-on STEM education programs, curricula, resources, trainings, and other opportunities through schools, youth organizations, and other institutions. This position will maintain a regular availability to and collaboration with partner school systems, youth organizations, businesses, and governmental agencies in order to develop new capacity and community support for hands-on, experiential learning programs and initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Community Development Coordinator will:
- Assist with the ongoing assessment of target community needs related to grade-level standards support, experiential education development, and overall student engagement and eagerness to learn.
- Increase community awareness of and access to hands-on STEM education resources and opportunities through community outreach, marketing, and media-based strategies.
- Co-design, with school administrators, classroom teachers, and other education professionals, localized, hands-on resources and materials for educators, and innovative tools for community-wide learning engagement.
- Assist with the development of a grant and fundraising toolkit that provides training, resources, and support for schools seeking support for hands-on STEM learning. Assist with grant writing efforts.
- Plan strategically with partner community organizations and businesses to increase regional awareness of and support for hands-on, outdoor learning through schools and youth institutions.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is an opportunity to spend one year serving full-time to make a difference here in America. VISTA is designed to build the capacity of an organization and enhance its ability to serve the community. This is a volunteer position in which the candidate will receive a monthly living stipend.
Please send a resume and cover letter addressed to Caleb Carlton, program manager, at email@example.com. For more information, please email Caleb or call at (865) 448-6708. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.