Happy holidays from our Tremont family to yours!
As the days grow colder and the holiday season reaches its peak, it’s easy to limit ourselves (and our family) to indoor activities. Don’t let the season keep you indoors! We encourage you to take time away from your phone, television, video games, and other gadgets you may receive this holiday season and spend time outdoors. Studies show that spending time outside (even during the winter season) has benefits for children and adults.
- Go for a walk: Day or night – don’t forget the dog!
- Play a yard game
- Go for a hike
- Visit a local park
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Pick-up litter in your community
- Built a fort
- Create a nature book: Grab a camera, colored pencils, glue and a notebook and explore nature. Have kids write down observations and draw pictures of plants and animals. Collect twigs, leaves and flowers and glue them in the nature book.
- Watch for wildlife: Grab binoculars, pencil and paper and document what you see.
- Go on a color hunt: Collect items outdoors and see how many colors you can find this time of year.