Teacher Escape Weekend III
September 24 - September 25| $75
Escape to the Smokies and join Tremont’s teacher naturalists for an exciting look at what Tremont has to offer.
This weekend is an opportunity to meet other teachers, share ideas, learn about new Tremont programs and answer questions you may have before your school’s visit. It is also a time to relax, enjoy the mountain scenery and make new friends.
Our Teacher Escape Weekends train teachers for experiential learning and include transferable skills to take back to the classroom. Our time together will be productive and fun, with time for individual reflection, discussion of critical issues, and resources for use at Tremont and in the schoolyard.
Attendance in this program allows teachers to attend free of charge when their school participates in a three- or five-day Tremont school program. It also reduces the cost of the trip for each participant.
“I am just always impressed by how intentional you are in everything you do. There is no ‘fluff’ and I always leave more connected to the people I attended with, your staff, and the teachers from other districts. I think that it is very powerful for teachers.” – 2021 Teacher Escape Workshop Attendee
What to Expect:
- Take-home educational strategies that are proven to improve student performance
- Increased confidence in core routines of experiential learning
- An opportunity to relax, learn and network with other educators across the region
- Preparation for cooperative teaching with our on-site teaching faculty
- Professional development hours for continuing teacher education
- Meals, lodging, materials, and instruction, all with the beautiful backdrop of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Cost: With the generous support of the Arconic Foundation, we are able to offer this experience for the low cost of $75, which includes food and lodging for the weekend. We cover the majority of the cost for the Teacher Escape Weekends because we understand the importance and value of this experience for new and returning teachers. We hope that participants will learn more about this special place and the range of opportunities available here.
Attendance is required for all sessions during the weekend. For those teachers traveling long distances, the dorm will be available for lodging on Friday. When you register, please tell us if you are staying with us on Friday.