Lead Teacher Check List and Timeline
BEGIN PLANNING WELL IN ADVANCE!
- Teacher Escape Weekend – Join us!
- Contract-Complete and return with your deposit.
FOUR MONTHS BEFORE TRIP
- Chaperones – Begin the selection process. Tremont recommends a 1:8 adult/student ratio including teachers.
THREE MONTHS BEFORE TRIP
- Schedule request form – Send it in and work with Tremont staff to develop your schedule.
- Finalize student and adult numbers – Update Tremont with current numbers 90 days prior to trip. The group is responsible for a minimum payment of 90% of your 90 day number when they attend. Inform Tremont of any changes after that point. Please read and fully understand the cancellation policy.
- Transportation – Make arrangements, including trips away from Tremont, and verify pickup times. Be sure to have an emergency vehicle here.
SIX WEEKS BEFORE TRIP
- Financial Aid Request – Complete and submit to Tremont.
- Lessons, evening programs, and other duties – Assign and plan with teachers and chaperones. For a current list, please see our website. Distribute schedules.
- Pre-visit activities – Watch one of our #SmokiesCOOL videos that relates to the lessons of your choice.
One Month BEFORE TRIP
- Group profile and meal and lodging count forms
- Discount bulk order – Submit bulk order to Tremont. All payments should be made to the school.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE TRIP
- Registration form – Collect from parents and make copies to leave at Tremont.
- First aid and medication distribution – Assign someone to be responsible for this area.
- Students – Arrange teaching groups, table groups.
- Table Captains – Assign one student from each table and one adult to help with each meal.
- “What to bring” list – Go over with students, emphasizing appropriate clothing and gear for being outside. Plan for cold, wet weather.
- Call us anytime if you have any questions: (865) 448-6709 or send an email to: email@example.com.