Tremont Institute seeks an individual who enjoys working in a team environment and can assist with food preparation and clean up for meals at our residential environmental education center. Our campus is located in Great Smoky Mountains National Park and our dining hall is THE gathering place for fun and nutritious meals for our overnight programs.
• Performs meal preparation duties including cleaning, peeling, chopping, and/or slicing produce and food items.
• Cooks, bakes, and prepares main entrees, vegetables, breads, salads and desserts; prepares beverage and coffee service.
• Operates grill, fryer, mixer, slicer, stove, oven, and various food preparation tools in preparing and cooking foods.
• Assists in arranging tables and chairs for meals; sets tables with serving utensils and dishes; clears and cleans tables after meals.
• Transfers food items from stove and oven to steam carts; rolls steam carts to serving areas; sets up and serves food ;sets up trays for service.
• Assists with meal planning; completes and updates food service records.
• Performs kitchen cleaning and custodial duties such as washing dishes by hand, loading and operating the dishwasher, cleaning kitchen counters and appliances, sweeping and mopping floors, emptying and carrying out trash.
• Assists in performing physical inventory of kitchen pantry.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training that includes work in the food service industry. Download full position description below.
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.