Want to work in the Smokies?
Tremont Institute is looking for a part-time sales/admin associate to perform retail sales and clerical work while providing excellence in customer service for the visitor center sales outlet operations located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This position requires a weekend schedule.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Operates visitor center sales outlet; including opening/closing procedures daily.
- Performs retail sales work; assists customers with a selection of merchandise for purchase; conducts sales transactions, operates computerized cash register; processes credit card payments and/or accepts cash payments for items purchased.
- Initiates requests for new/replacement of gift store inventory inspect inventory deliveries for accuracy and identifies incorrect or damaged items, tags items, and stocks shelves.
- Records/secure money received by mail, records, and routes to appropriate department.
- Balances cash register daily and prepares bank deposits. Makes bank night drop daily.
- Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data into spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Maintains and stocks vending machines; orders replacement products and coordinates service/repair as needed.
- Responsible for answering phone lines and communicating the mission and program information to outside sources as needed.
- Assists Office Manager in other duties as needed.
- Assist with duties in the general operation of Tremont as needed.
- The position will be required to work Saturday
One year previous experience and/or training involving retail sales, customer service, and clerical work; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Experience with Point of Sale System, Mac computer, Microsoft Office and Excel, Google, and network sharing preferred. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and eager to engage with our customers.