Tremont loves its volunteers and would not be able to accomplish its goals without their dedicated help. We are always looking for new volunteers who appreciate the wonders of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and stand behind our mission to connect people with nature. Sometimes, there are special projects that we just can’t accomplish without the help of others.
Needs include data entry, office assistance, cleaning and facilities maintenance, photography, representing Tremont at community events, event coordination and management, fundraising, online sharing and promotions, kitchen assistance, hospitality and more.
Let us know if you’d like to help by filling out our volunteer application. Once received, we’ll add you to our volunteer email list for announcements on upcoming projects, trainings and opportunities. When you see something you can help with, simply reply to that email. Thank you in advance!
We extend these rights to our volunteers:
- To have proper orientation, training, and supervisions to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- To refuse any task that you feel is beyond your physical limitations or with which you feel uncomfortable.
- To receive feedback regarding your performance.
- To contact the Volunteer Coordinator if any difficulties are experienced with any assignment.
- To make suggestions regarding ways in which we might better accomplish our respective tasks.
Volunteers who accept the responsibility and challenge of our volunteer program are expected:
- To abide by the policies and procedures of GSMIT.
- To keep records and health forms up to date.
- To record the number of hours worked.
- To report accidents or injuries with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- To endeavor to be flexible in accepting assignments, perform assigned responsibilities willingly and courteously, to the best of their ability, and accept the guidance of their Tremont supervisor(s).
- To provide timely notification in the event of absence or adjustment to schedule.
- To serve as good will ambassador and communicator of the mission of GSMIT within the community.